Effective Date: May 22, 2018
Last Updated Date: January 2nd, 2021
GCTF Ltd., owns and operates the website located at http://www.gctf.co.uk/ and also uses a variety of standard business software, such as office software and accounting software, to provide quotations and building services to private and commercial clients.
Lawful processing: We process your personal information only to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations to you, which is in providing the Services to you under our terms & conditions of service which can be found on our website at: GCTF.co.uk > More > Terms and Conditions. We set out below the type of personal information that we collect and how we use it.
Collection of Information: Unless you have otherwise given us appropriate consent, we collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Service, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your enquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Service or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, such as the domain used to access the Website and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to access the Website. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical location of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organisation is not considered Personal Information.
Collection and Use of Information: We collect information for the following purposes:
- Registration Data. When you join us as a new customer, we ask for information such as your name, registered company name (if applicable), email address, phone number, and billing address. This information will be used to administer your account, for billing, verification and authentication purposes and to contact you in relation to the same.
- Content You Make Available. From time to time we collect additional data, such as plans of your property, of photographs of specific site areas, to be used to deliver building services to you.
- Transactional Communications: We will use your data to provide communications for certain activities relating to your use of our Service, such as arranging site visits, invoicing, and credit control.
- Marketing Communications: If at some point you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our services and offers. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication.
- Statistics: We may also collect statistics about use of the Service to use for analytics including predictive analytics. Where this is the case, these will be processed as aggregate statistics that do not personally identify individuals.
- Analytics Services: Whilst we do not personally place tracking technologies on our Website, other companies may set their own cookies or similar. This includes third party analytics services, including but not limited to Google Analytics (“Analytics Services”), that we might engage to help analyse how users use the Website. We may receive reports based on these parties’ use of these tools on an individual or aggregate basis. By using our Website you consent to the processing of data about you by Analytics Services in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
- System Logs & Cookies: Cookies may be used by us to track content usage and traffic on the Website. A cookie is a feature of your web browser that consists of a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies help compile aggregate statistics about usage of this Website, such as how many users visit the Website, how long users spend viewing the Website, and what pages are viewed most often. This information may be used to improve the content of the Website. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie. This gives you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Website.
- Third-Party Links: The Website may contain links to other third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Such third-party websites are governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party providers and we are not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third-parties. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website, and/or the Service. These third parties may have limited access to our databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Service and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website users, other users of the Service, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Your rights under the GDPR:
You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulations:
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
We are pleased to confirm that we are able to uphold all of the above rights, subject to confirming the validity of the request, and with one month’s notice.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure and encrypted environment and access is restricted to essential users only.
Where we use 3rd party software providers, we undertake to ensure that they have the appropriate technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures in place to protect your data.
We do not currently take online payments and therefore store no credit card or financial information.
Access, Accuracy and Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information. We will deal with all requests for access and modifications within 1 month of the request.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. Having accurate information about you and/or your business enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information or would otherwise like to exercise any of your rights in respect of your personal information (whether as set out above or otherwise), if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.